Welcome to WebODM for beginners! A low cost drone modeling solution.
For drone pilots aspiring to add mapping and modeling to their aerial skill sets, often the modeling software proves to be too much of a road block. From $100 per month to thousands of dollars per year, cloud and desktop modeling can get expensive quickly.
Fortunately there is another solution for drone operators on a budget. WebODM, an Open Source modeling application, could be the stepping stone into the world of modeling with drones.
WebODM (Open Drone Mapping) offers a free desktop solution for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Of course, installing the free version takes a little command line knowledge. For those who want an easy installation on Windows or Mac, there is an installer available from WebODM that costs $57 at the time of posting this course.
What will students learn about in this course?
- What WebODM is all about. Open Source Drone Mapping
- Installation of WebODM on Windows or Mac with the available installer for $57
- Setting up your system to get the most out of WebODM
- Running a 2D / 3D model with your own flight data.
- Setting up a small model.
- Setting your own modeling options.
- Exporting data such as GeoTiffs, Point Clouds, Digital Elevation Models, and more.
- Working with the WebODM interface.
- Measurements, Volumetric Analysis, Model Fine Tuning, and more.